This one goes out to all of my chocolate lovers out there. I wanted to create a chocolate treat that is grain and dairy free…so here we are!
Chocolate Nut Loaf
(Grain free, dairy free)
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp himalayan sea salt
- 1/4 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 6 eggs
- 1 banana, ripe and mashed
- 1/4 cup raw honey or agave nectar (can sub for raw sugar, Stevia or Truvia)
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup carob chips or dairy free chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees F.
In a medium bowl mix the flour, cocoa powder, salt, cinnamon, baking soda and powder.
In another bowl beat the eggs, almond milk, raw honey, mashed banana, vanilla extract and coconut oil.
Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and blend together.
Fold in the walnuts and carob/chocolate chips.
Pour into a greased loaf pan, sprinkle with more carob/chocolate chips and bake for 30-40 minutes, or until a toothpick come out clean.