Happy Thanksgiving to all of my American friends! We already had ours back in October but we don’t mind celebrating a second time around.
Brian and I are heading to Opryland Hotel tonight for Thanksgiving dinner with his parents Cathy & Tom who are visiting for the weekend….can’t wait!
This Berry Crisp is perfect for the holidays or for a dinner party. Super easy, healthy and delicious. I made this last night for the in-laws, needless to say everyone had seconds. This recipe is the bomb!
Healthy Berry Crisp (Gluten free)
- 5 cups of frozen mixed berries, unthawed
- 4 tbsp raw honey or cane sugar
- 2 cups gluten free rolled oats (I use Bob’s Red Mill Brand)
- 1 & 1/4 cups of gluten free flour blend (or any other flour of your choice)
- 1 cup raw organic brown sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 7 tbsp of organic unsalted butter or coconut oil
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. In a large bowl, combine frozen berries, raw honey and 1/4 cup of flour and blend well.
Transfer the berry mix into a 9×13 inch glass dish. Combine the oats, 1 cup of flour, brown sugar and cinnamon. Add in the butter and rub in with your fingertips until it’s all mixed in and clumpy. Mix in chopped pecans.
Sprinkle the oat mixture over the berries and bake for about 1 hour, berry mixture will bubble and the top will be golden brown. Let it stand for 15 minutes, and serve warm with some Almond Milk ice cream or Greek Yogurt.